There are a lot of destination management, tour, and transfer companies out there. But how do you choose which one to trust?
It’s not an insignificant decision to have to make.
As a global tour operator responsible for the reputations and service of six brands (Apple Vacations, Travel Impressions, Funjet Vacations, Blue Sky Tours, United Vacations, and Southwest Vacations), ALG Vacations™ has the responsibility to ensure safety, service, reputability, and experience quality for every traveler, everywhere we go.
Here’s a peek at why our leadership team has chosen Amstar DMC … and why you should, too.
- Clean & Safe Program: In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we can’t overstate the importance of responsible practices when it comes to health and hygiene. Amstar’s response has been well thought-out, proactive, and helped to set the standard for best-practice protocol. From mandatory face coverings to a no-contact, waving-only policy for greetings and on-hand sanitizer, in-person interactions are worry-free. They’ve made social distancing a priority between their customers and staff, as well as between guests on excursions. And, of course, they’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitation of all areas within their sphere, from vehicles that are sanitized between services throughout the day, and stops within their tours.
- Fully Assured to be Fully Insured: Along the same lines of keeping things Clean & Safe, we don’t play fast and loose with your physical safety either. With an Amstar excursion, transfer, or guide, you can take comfort in knowing that anything you book is with reputable professionals that are 100% legitimately insured and everyone you deal with will be held 100% accountable. Every individual and every experience is comprehensively vetted before being permitted to operate under Amstar’s umbrella, which means no worrying about fly-by-night operators who might not be there the day of your tour, bait-and-switch scams, or unqualified guides providing unsatisfactory outings. Amstar keeps it all above-board so you can hop aboard with confidence.
- Award-Winning Reputation: We choose our on-the-ground partners based on their performance and reputation. After all, their service is a continuation of ours. That said, Amstar DMC has consistently been awarded and ranked among the best for transfers, notable for their punctuality, on-site staff, airport meet-and-greet, comfortable vehicles, and safety records. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient for services rendered in Jamaica, Cancun, and the Riviera Maya, there’s no doubt that the traveling public agrees on those counts, too. After 30 years, 1.8 million transferred passengers, and 1.5 million soft adventurers, they continue to work hard to live up to their good name and have it stand the test of time.
- Service & Support: More than 476 hotel-based customer service representatives, plus even more at their operations home bases, means a lot of accessible support. Add to that the hundreds of on-the-ground guides, drivers, and other on-site operators and managers in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Hawaii, plus continuous ongoing training and you’ve got a network you can count on. Representatives receive continuous development by the Dale Carnegie Institute and constant updates on the most up-to-date rules of conduct, regulations, and guidelines laid out by international health organizations. These include the World Health Organization (WHO), World Tourism Organization United Nations, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Travel & Tourism Council. And if you have any questions at all, a continuously operated call center hotline means that no traveler or their travel agent will ever be without support.
- A Wealth of Options: With a presence in five countries, 26 destinations, and offering 1,000+ diverse shared and private experiences, the possibilities are as great as their service. And if that comprehensive catalog weren’t enough, discerning travelers can now upgrade their experience with unique excursions designed specifically for those who demand more from their vacation. Whether it’s a bespoke, bucket-list, saw-it-on-Instagram custom outing, a private, socially distant adventure to be shared only with your travel buddies, or awe-inspiring multi-day land tours for a hybridized getaway, we’re pretty confident Amstar can make it happen.
Want to learn more about Amstar DMC? Click here for ALGV’s Staff-Picked Favorite Tours in Cancun, or here for How to Choose the Right Transfer option for your trip!
Prices per person in U.S dollars. Prices and excursions subject to change. Consider the nature of the excursion to be sure it is appropriate for you age and physical condition. Amstar DMC is an independent destination management company offering services to ALG Vacationers. Excursions are operated by local independent suppliers in Mexico.