When you think Atlantis, Paradise Island, what do you think? Cruise stop, right? Marine and wildlife for sure. Conservation and preservation, definitely. Casino, sure, but mostly family-friendly fun.
But for foodies, it’s been long climbing the ranks of dining destinations, after decades of luring in big names like Todd English, Nobu Matsuhisa, Jose Andres and brands that need no celebrity at the helm, such as Carmine’s. Now, after an impressive re-lineup announced in November that included the reopening of Café Martinique with Chef Adrien Delcourt (previously of L’Atelier Joel Robuchon and others), Bimini Road’s return to Marina Village, and new additions Frezca for seafood at The Cove and Paranza of Michel White (Marea, Ai Fiori, Osteria Morini, and the first Shake Shack in the Bahamas, they’re hitting next level with a big splash.
This year, between March 15 to March 19, 2023, will mark the inaugural Nassau Paradise Island Wine & Food Festivals.
What this means for travel advisors is that now is the time to guide your food-focused vacationers to this resort this spring. Now is when you give hungry, experiential clients the heads up that they can be part of a historic dining event, meeting, greeting, and eating with industry greats.
For five flavor-packed days, they’ll be rubbing elbows with world-renowned top chefs, master sommeliers, mixologists, and notable TV personalities. Already on the docket include:
- Tony Abou-Ganim, a pioneer the preeminent name in modern mixology
- Highly awarded Iron Chef and Food Network star Alex Guarnaschelli
- Beloved Travel Channel Bizarre Foods series host Andrew Zimmern
- Chopped judge and Emmy-nominated cooking show host Aarón Sánchez
- Top Chef judge and acclaimed James Beard Award-winning chef Alon Shaya
- Duff Goldman, the Ace of Cakes himself
- James Beard Award-winning chef and cookbook author JJ Johnson
- Legendary chef and restaurateur Michael White
- Golden Globe-nominated rapper Wyclef Jean
- DJ Kim Lee of Netflix’s Bling Empire
… And that’s in addition to all of the local and regional chefs, restaurants, musicians, and entertainers who will also be showcased.
Events to earmark:
- Taste of Paradise – The festival’s key tasting event with JJ Johnson, Alon Shaya, Andrew Zimmern, and other celebrity chefs.
- Celebrity Chef Wine Lunches and Dinners – Alex Guarnaschelli, Aarón Sánchez, Michael White, and Andrew Zimmern will each host a memorable in-restaurant dining experience featuring their recipes paired with signature wines.
- Ice Cream Social – A family-friendly, sweets-filled afternoon with Duff Goldman and the resort’s resident pastry and dessert chefs.
- Jerk Jam – A signature event celebrating Jerk, the iconic Caribbean flavor, hosted by Alex Guarnaschelli and JJ Johnson with a special performance by Grammy® Award winner Wyclef Jean.
- Sparkles At Sunset – An elegant Champagne tasting in the famous Bridge Suite of The Royal Tower.
- Sugar & Spice – A late-night event at The Cove Pool hosted by pastry chef Duff Goldman with over-the-top desserts and music from DJ Kim Lee
- Tacos and Cocktails – A taco and tequila fiesta with Aarón Sánchez and festival mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim.
Looking for more vacations that cater to a theme? Get our shortlist for close-to-room adventure experiences, some of our favorite destinations for LGBTQ+ travelers, the best spa resorts, or included admissions for do-it-all vacationers.