In the weeks approaching Small Business Saturday, you’re going to start seeing chatter about why this initiative is important. Travel But ALG Vacations® wants to know, why this singular day? Why should the emphasis on buying local to travel global be restricted to just one day a year? It’s a philosophy we don’t agree with at ALGV, because in the spirit of kindness, we think every day is one that we should celebrate small businesses – the backbone of America. After all, 33.2 million businesses fall into this category!
This is why an entire division of our organization is dedicated to helping privately owned travel agencies succeed year-round.
So that you know all the resources available to you, here’s a quick recap and reference on how ALGV goes to work for you.
ALGV’s automatically deposited WAVES® points system is among the most generous and easy-to-earn rewards program in the travel industry, with flexible redemption options and frequent opportunities to compound your earnings. But that’s only just the start of the tide of rewards we offer to sweep you off your feet. Look for additional ways to get more out of our partnership like:
- WAVES® and Double WAVES® bonuses
- WAVES® points prizes for doing something as simple as attending a Know. Grow. GO! webinar
- Bonus commission with destination or resort partner promotional campaigns
- Perennial win-win programs for you and your customers, like Get Paid to Upgrade
- Set Your Own Commission functionality on our booking engine
- WAVEMAKER® elite status and rewards
- Elite Accounts for agencies, with Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and Crown Jewel tiers to celebrate your small business’s big milestones
- Hotel loyalty program participation, allowing you to double dip, pile on, and expand quickly
- Commission Protection for advisors for bookings that include Travel Protection Plus
Your expertise is the cornerstone of your success. Insider industry knowledge is why your customers trust you to give them good, smart recommendations. We make sure you stay the most informed travel pro they know by providing you with a comprehensive campus that keeps you at the top of world-class.
- Get certified as an ALGVPro, a program that will also earn you continuing education credit
- Sign up for quick bites of news and updates, plus mini crash courses, both live and on demand with our Know. Grow. GO! webinar calendar.
- Find answers fast using our 24/7 Self-Help Library
- Virtual FAM trips
- Our Silver Magellan Award-winning podcast, The Travel Beat by ALGV, tackles the latest real-life topics in real time
- This site you’re on right now, ALGV’s Gold Magellan Award-winning TravelBlogue, is a “gold”mine of subjects catering specifically to travel advisor interests, from career and lifestyle tips to hot topic FAQs, including our Ask a Pro series
While we have a robust selection of ways to learn remotely, there’s absolutely no substitute for experience. After all, that’s what travel’s all about, right? We support your small business and the personal development of advisors like you by increasing accessibility to speak from experience.
- Discounted flights on Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights
- Guided familiarization trips led by our sales team and supported by representatives from marketing, creative, and other departments
- Rewards trips for high achievers via Elite Accounts
You might know everything there is to know about your destination, hotel brand, niche travel style, or other specialization of expertise, but that knowledge doesn’t do you much good if others don’t know that you’re the pro they need to plan with. Here’s how we help you get the word out.
- ALGV360⁰ offers FREE access to over 4,000 social posts, videos, emails, banners, and more with instant downloads – many of which offer brand customization
- Our collection of digital travel catalogues – a.k.a. Travelogues – let you show AND tell customers their options by destination and theme … including new titles for Europe!
- ALGV’s Facebook account keeps you connected and engaged with our brand, promotions, and feature properties, while public access allows you to share quickly
- For more wanderlust fuel, ALGV’s TikTok @AskATravelAdvisorALGV, offers fun, frothy video clips that showcase properties – and a lifestyle – you want to share and sell
- TravelBlogue isn’t just for advisor editorial – we also publish stories meant for you to pass on to your customers, whether it means supporting your argument for a recommended destination or resort or just idea starters that can begin a conversation
Our on-the-ground sales team is one of the largest in the industry, and many come from backgrounds like yours, making them the perfect partners for your agency. They understand how both sides of the coin operate and how to leverage offerings from the tour operator side to enhance your business’s development and build a smart strategy around longevity and results.
- Use our BDM Finder tool to find your best ally for success – they can help you review booking trend reports, data, production numbers, and help you craft sales strategies
- Ask about training support for you, your agency, and nearby advisors to better understand our policies, processes, and business efficiencies
- Get certified with ALGVPro and ask about FAM trip opportunities to build your firsthand experience
Our award-winning booking platform VAX VacationAccess, is an ongoing list of how we make our tech work for you. We’re constantly improving and evolving based on your feedback, which is why:
- All six brands are now available with a single sign-in
- Built-in tutorials help you along in real-time
- You can now customize your tools and filters
- Browsing by brand, flight, schedule, points of interest, recent searches, and more are available research styles
- Click to chat, email, and even get a call-back is now available
- Set Your Own Commission functionality on our booking engine
- New partnership (and discount code!) with Travefy for itinerary creation, quotes, and booking imports from CRMs
We know that some of your toughest competitors are nameless, faceless online travel agencies who market to armchair researchers that later wish they’d Asked a Travel Advisor. But we give consumers reasons other than regret in hindsight to Plan with a Pro like you. For example:
- GroupEase®, our flexible small group program that empowers you to offer no-contract benefits to as few as five individually booked rooms
- An incredible Groups Dashboard that allows you to manage every aspect of your contracted groups
- A dedicated service team and online Service Request Form specifically for group bookings
- Exclusive Perks that sweeten any deal with VIP bonuses, conveniences, and gifts
- Price Match and Price Protection Guarantee with Travel Protection Plus, which also lets vacationers Cancel for Any Reason and pay lower deposits
- Bundle-able or included transfers, plus tours and excursions through trusted, vetted destination management companies
- Special airline-affiliated packages through United Vacations and Southwest Vacations
- A constantly updated library of current supplier-supported sales, savings, and specials
- In-house promo codes for instant savings, plus foundational sales that update nearly monthly
ALGV has made no secret of our desire to be your one-stop shop, which is why we’re constantly expanding our global footprint in the directions your customers demand. You may be familiar with many of our brands as leaders in all-inclusive beach vacations in Mexico and the Caribbean; the top name in Dominican Republic bookings; worldwide luxury pros, and specialists for Disney, Hawaii, or the South Pacific, but our reach now extends deep into Europe. Our newest Travelogue titles and TravelBlogue articles (just search Europe in the search bar!) will fill you in!
Bonus Support for Small Business Saturday
Want a walk-through on all of ALGV’s small business support resources? Then register for our upcoming two-part webinar, How ALGV Supports Small Businesses. A deep dive by department experts can fill you in on all the tips and tricks of leveraging our vast library of resources and network of support. Find out how sales, technology, product, marketing, promotions, and content teams align to provide small businesses like yours your best chance for success.
Sign up here:
- 11/10: ALGV’s Marketing Tools Part 1: The Basics
- 11/14: Using Sales & Technology
- 11/17: ALGV’s Marketing Tools Part 2: Next-Level Tips & Tricks
- 11/30: ALGV’s Marketing Tools Part 3: Customizing & Sharing Content
Want more tips for Small Business Saturday? You got it. Read up on all of the promotions and market advantages ALG Vacations® has gathered up for travel advisors for Small Business Saturday 2023, plus small steps you can take toward establishing a strong online presence this season.