Excitement is taking flight this winter with the debut of Punta Cana’s most innovative all-inclusive.
“Resortainment.” That’s the premise of the all-new Falcon's Resort by Meliá brand, debuting in Punta Cana in December 2022. Formerly the Paradisus Grand Cana, the property has been redesigned from the ground up as an all-inclusive dedicated to innovative, interactive, theme park-style fun.
Ideal for families with tweens and teens seeking something different out of their beach vacation, Falcon’s Resort by Meliá Punta Cana will be the first hotel of its kind, focusing on travel tinged with adventure.
DON’T CALL IT ENTERTAINMENT
For a hotel specializing in unique activities, it only makes sense that its resortainment would encompass every part of the resort experience. Through that approach, Meliá has given guests a well-rounded, thoughtfully designed roster of ways to fill their days:
- Beachfront activities, whether sports, games, or shows
- Fun and music by—and in—the pool
- Immersive in-room and resort-wide interactions
- Fresh and flavorful dining at nine restaurants, including Karnica, a steakhouse inspired by the art of Picasso
- Shopping on site
- Four bars for adult time
- A kids club for young adventurers, plus a splash-tastic water park
- Wellness- and mood-boosting optional treatments at the luxurious Spa by Natura Bissé
I’M GOING TO KATMANDU PARK
If the rest of Falcon’s resortainment is like an amuse-bouche, the sprawling, world-class theme park on the property is a three-course meal.
… But what else would you expect from the first park of its scope in the Caribbean?
Exhilarating rides—utilizing never-before-seen technology—and exciting activities for kids and adults alike create a place “where anything is possible.” Relaying stories of wonder through its attractions, Katmandu Park will offer:
- Interactive games like EtherQuest, a walkthrough video game where you fight to defeat evil Explorer Mages with score-tracking handheld blasters
- Ziplining and climbing on a High Point Adventure with a falcon’s-eye view of the park
- Agility testing in the Quadagon obstacle courses
- Expedition Golf, two 18-hole mini golf courses that lead through Hidden Realms
- The Wheel of Infinite Wonder carousel
- Legend of the Desirata, a 4D ride in the dark with all the spins and accelerations you’d look for in a mythical quest across the Himalayas
- A virtual suspended-motion mission against a sea monster on the Voyage of the Fathom Wonder
Access to the park is complimentary for resort guests; standard room categories include a single-use pass, while the exclusive Beyond suites come with multi-day versions. Admission will be open for a cost to the public as well, giving travelers already booked at another property the chance to experience what’s sure to become one of Dominican Republic’s most sought-after attractions.
A LUXE TOUCH
With such a heavy emphasis on the action, that’s not to say that the casual elegance you look for in an all-inclusive will be in any way lacking—quite the opposite. And nowhere is that more apparent than in the rooms.
Every category at Falcon’s Resort is a suite, with the two-bedroom option, complete with spacious shared living and dining spaces, ideal for families. The master features a king bed, while the second bedroom offers two double beds. Corner and swim-up categories add an extra dash of luxury.
Of course, travelers who want to go Beyond the expected amenities will prefer the extra privilege of that exclusive level. Oversized accommodations, personalized concierge service, priority reservations for dining and resortainment, customized turndown service, and a private dinner show at the Beyond pool once per stay are ample reasons to upgrade—but the multi-day Katmandu pass is what will really make these suites worth the splurge.
Tapping into the sense of curiosity within all of us, Falcon's Resort by Meliá is unlike any all-inclusive we’ve seen … making it the perfect new experience for the new year.