Have the vacation you like in a destination that has it all.
Work hard, travel hard. That could easily be the motto of the Dominican Republic, an island that fully embraces treating yourself. Whether that’s indulging in fresh Caribbean cuisine, luxe spa treatments at world-class resorts, romantic interludes to breathtaking waterfalls, or all of the above, this destination has mastered letting you do you.
Nail your personal vacation vibe by building an itinerary with experiences that set the right tone, and:
Open Yourself to Real Emotions
- Anticipation, waiting for the next wave—and sea breeze—as you kite- or windsurf off Playas Blanca and Bonita
- Exhilaration, while you zipline over rainforests and rivers across the Samana coast
- Awe, as you walk the unspoiled beaches of Saona Island, a protected site that’s the DR’s most important location for turtle nesting and home to 112 species of birds
Plan Exquisite Experiences
- Gourmet cuisine and cocktails—included with your stay—at some of the best beachfront all-inclusive hotels on earth
- Championship golf and a full lineup of sports at five-star resort Casa de Campo
- Cinematic weddings on the beach that segue effortlessly into a honeymoon in paradise
Go on Extraordinary Adventures
- Horseback riding along pristine white-sand beaches
- Whale watching January through March in Samana Bay
- Secluded 170-foot waterfalls, swimming holes, and horseback trails in Salto El Limón
Explore Ancestral Legends
- A taste of 16th century living at Altos de Chavón, a recreation of a Mediterranean village with its own open-air amphitheater and archaeological museum
- Historical sites like the Colonial City of Santo Domingo, established half a millennium ago
- Stunning locally mined amber jewelry and a museum dedicated to it in Puerto Plata
You deserve it all. Dominican Republic has it all. So why not go ahead and discover it?
Want to add even more adventure to your DR trip? Check out our top recommendations!