Bring the Fam or Join the Club? Comparing Both at Majestic Colonial
You’ve chosen the destination—Punta Cana, Dominican Republic—and the resort. All things considered, you’ve decided it’s going to be Majestic Colonial Resort for you. But wait, there’s more! Decisions to be made, that is.
At the 2017-renovated Majestic Colonial Resort in Punta Cana, guests have two major resort split-off options. There’s the Family section for all ages and the Club section, which is for adults over 18.
While both come with a certain standard set of amenities and inclusions—such as free golf and non-motorized water sports, a bottle of sparkling wine in your room upon arrival, unlimited à la carte restaurant service, weekly foam parties, and a strict no-time-share policy—they both also come with their own set of pros and audience-specific perks, so it’s really about what fits your needs the most.
Here are some of the perks that are exclusive to each section to help you weigh out which ones are more worth your while.
Family Section Quick Pros
- Kids Club: A robust highlight reel of things to keep the kids busy and happy all day. From programs just for them to facilities that have features like castles, splash water slides, indoor games, and a maze, bringing the little ones suddenly doesn’t seem like working while on vacation
- Family-Friendly Room Configurations: The one-bedroom suites with an in-room Jacuzzi are an ideal layout for families, offering over 1,000 square feet of space split between the bedroom and living area for plenty of privacy. However, if you want even more separation, you can also opt for two Junior Suites with a Jacuzzi, which come in reduced mobility and interconnecting formats. These are sold upon request and based on availability.
- Easy Resort Access: For those traveling with young ones or seniors, the size of the resort is an additional bonus. Keep them off their feet and let them relax—everywhere is reachable within five minutes walking—there are no shuttles to wait for or catch to get to the evening entertainment, the beach, the lobby, restaurants, or bars.
Club Section Quick Pros:
- Butler Service: Once you have it, there’s no going back. First-timers never have any idea of how helpful it is to have a personal advocate during your resort vacation, especially one that can do things for you like picking up your luggage, making your restaurant reservation, helping to arrange your special celebration like your birthday or anniversary, and just having someone to go to when you have questions.
- Extra Golf: Want more rounds at Punta Blanca Golf Course? It’s only five minutes from the hotel lobby, and transport by golf cart to the green is free. You are required to rent a golf cart yourself ($45 per person), but club rentals are additional only if you don’t bring your own.
- Around the Clock Room Service: In the Family section, room service is typically available from 7 AM to 11 PM. However, for Club level guests, it runs for 24 hours.
- In-Room Bottle of Spirits: Yes, this is in addition to the welcome bottle of sparkling wine that will be waiting for you upon your arrival. Even better, you get to choose from the premium quality selection.
- Evening Revelry: There’s live music suitable for all ages every evening in the plaza, but for adults, there is also a disco on site that guests can visit with no admission fees, plus a casino that’s open daily.